Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Found a derp. Tarping failure.

I went up and drained all the water out today, siphoning out the extra water that had pooled.


The tarp on the back didn't make it.


I noticed when I went to remove the large tarp that everything under it was wet.  It looks like my gigantic tarp isn't as waterproof as I had hoped.


I realized today as I was recruiting people that I made a derp.  When we were building the subfloor, we concluded that I couldn't make it as long as I wanted to, so I cut 18" out of the subflooring.  When I did that though, I just went and built the walls on the fly, instead of using my BOM cheat sheet since it was no longer accurate.  The end result of that being that I forgot when I calculated the length of the long walls to remove the two board widths from them.  Oops.  Fortunately, I got lucky, and taking 7" off from the long walls will be a cinch.  Still an irritating rookie mistake though.


Given how wet and soggy everything was, I decided not to play with power tools in the water.  I also went to see how easy it will be to fix the tractor.  The short version: easy.  I don't need to remove the gas tank or anything, it is all right there.


I pulled out the old one in a couple of minutes.  Not as simple as a snap in, but still really easy.


The old one's contacts didn't look awful.


Unfortunately I broke the key trying to get it out.  I hope the new ignition switch comes with one.


One of my other toys I picked up a few days ago.  A solar battery maintainer.  If the battery survived the ignition possibly being on, I hope this will keep the battery going.  It is only a trickle charge (just under an amp in full daylight) but hopefully it will keep it going.  I could still hear electrical clicking when I was removing the ignition though, so hopefully the battery isn't utterly annihilated.

No comments:

Post a Comment