Sunday, July 16, 2017

Almost had enough good weather to do some work.

As you might have guessed by the lack of a post, the town decided to jerk me around again.  I almost wrote a post, but it was full of expletives and anger, so I decided not to post it.  I have started looking at properties again, since it is pretty clear that the town cares more about its check boxes (that they can't even tell you what they mean) than it does actually improving the town and its constituents.

I managed to get a run to Harbor Freight in today before the storms arrived.
I picked up a new carport.  This one is primarily to expedite the work, allowing me to do work when raining (which has been the case all week) before getting the exterior sealed.


I also picked up some jack stands.  I intend to block it up so that it is more stable, and these were on sale.  3 ton ought be sufficient.  The boxes are placed roughly where they will go.  I also have the front lift, and two of the original camper jacks that were on the camper when I bought it, which will be on the very end.  I haven't decided yet if I am going to remove the wheels.  I will probably leave them, at least for now.


My new bungee cords arrived today.  I got longer ones since the tarp wasn't (supposedly) as long as the carport, it was 19' 6" not 20', but the tarp was indeed as large as the side of the carport, so they are a bit loose.  Time will tell if they work or if I need to go buy some shorter ones.


Along those lines, I got the side on the other carport.  It only has one side at the moment, since the other two big tarps I have will be going on the other one.  Once the exterior is sealed on the frame though, this will be enclosed on both sides.


I was intending to start putting up the carport, but I started getting wet, and this was inbound.  I will get it set up tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. new properties as in sell the one you've got and buy a different place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. It has crossed my mind, and I have found a few other nicer lots. The biggest problems: I don't have a down payment (I am spending it building), and it would guarantee next year at the earliest.

      I probably won't seriously consider it until it is clear I can't get up there in Sullivan this year, or the town rejects the building permit (again).

      Delete