Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Short tasty post.

I didn't do much last night, mostly just some trip prep.  The next round of stuff finally came in, the longer wires for the GoPro and the 12V extension cord so I can charge the Jackery while driving.


Other than that, I did some meal prep.  I was hoping by adding a little extra rice, I could get 4 meals out of it, but I didn't quite get enough.  Oh well.  This is my "hamburger helper" in the meal plan from a couple days ago.  It is pretty easy to make.  I used a risotto medley instead of straight riced cauliflower, since it had mushrooms and asparagus (which admittedly I am pretty meh on; I think asparagus is basically poor tasting green beans) because I anticipate not having a lot of veggies on the trip.



I also tried out my oven now that I "calibrated" it.  It worked much better this time; my pizza was fully cooked for a change.

I heard back from the mortgage company.  They aren't concerned about leaving the mortgage open until the spring, which might have to happen unless something drastic happens with the drainage.  They did say to close it out they need it to be complete, their final inspection is to check for loam and seed all around the house.  I have gotten a couple of nibbles on the hot tub steps (classic Craigslist "oh I want them, I will pick them up today" and then never show up), but they were still there this morning.  I got a hold of Barry, and we plan on him getting the trees cut up this week (possibly starting today).  My truck also goes in for an oil change and whatnot tomorrow.  I will probably have to get the oil changed again while I am down in KY for Thanksgiving (as much as I dread going out on Black Friday weekend).

Current To-do:
  • Trip:
    • Make sure my formal clothes can be found and still fit.
    • Drain hot tub and pack it away.
    • Hook up snowblower to tractor
    • Do something with ditch in back
    • Go to Tractor Supply and finish out the mortgage.
    • Dump run
    • Turn off Synology
    • Turn on furnace/heat
    • Pack clothes (26 days).  Buy clothes if needed.
    • Pack everything else.
    • Pack food.
    • Clean out truck
    • Wash out bed
    • Put cap on truck
    • Build back window for cap
    • Install basics, like lighting and window locks in cap.
    • Test cap.  Make sure it doesn't go explody at 80mph
    • Test wiring for Jackery and fridge.
    • Load truck.
    • Print out directions
    • Finish making hotel reservations
    • Set up GoPro control from my new phone.
    • Get haircut
    • Empty portable toilet.
  • Before winter:
    • Move carport
    • Fix carport
    • Final grade - get gravel and drainage pipe.
    • Buy a real bed and living room furniture.
    • Get a gun cabinet/safe.
    • Fix driveway.
    • Install drainage in the backyard.  
    • Remove the backflush hose.
    • Get heat pump installed.
    • Get a snowblower for the tractor.
    • Build a platform for the steps.
    • Insulate the water lines
    • Have Barry come chop up the logs?
    • Take scrap metal to Buffum
    • Clean out and take down portable garage.
    • Remove the tow straps embedded in the carport.
    • Drain hoses and put away for winter.
    • Get rid of those steps for the hot tub.  
    • Close up tiny home.
    • Install driveway markers.
    • Final mowing of leaves. 
    • Winterize equipment
  • Winter projects: 
    • All the cabinet upgrades (bathroom, pantry, and kitchen)
    • Design deck
    • Build armoire
    • Build dresser
    • Install whole house filter
    • Shelving upgrades in master closet.
    • Access panel upgrades in master closet
  • 2024 Projects:
    • Deck
    • Entertainment center
    • Storm doors

1 comment:

  1. Well 'round here better black friday weekend than court day weekend!

    ReplyDelete