Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Need more time.

Yesterday when I got home from work, Barry had finished up all the cutting and had already left, so I finished dumping the hot tub instead.  Apparently some of the foam board stuck to it, which I thought was a bit odd.  


I also got the pump and whatnot disconnected.  This will probably go inside with the pool stuff.  


Next up was dealing with the ditch.  Everything is still soup though from the large amount of rain we got over the weekend.


I also had to relocate the back steps.  


I got most of the ditch filled in.  I might try to pack it some if I get time, but if not this is still acceptable.



I tried to take a pano shot, but it looks poorly stitched and has a weird bump in the middle.


I was fortunate not to have a tire punctured.  That is a pick, just randomly dug up in the back yard.


The sunset was gorgeous last night.  Here are a few pictures.


And I took a short video of the clouds.


I also snagged a picture of the last rays of sunlight filtering through the trees.  I don't get great color on my lot (everything on my lot just turns yellow, all my maples kicked the bucket) but it still looks pretty.



I was hoping that the hot tub would deflate itself (it started to) but when I left this morning it hadn't.  I am not sure how to deflate it (without sharp or pointy implements), I pulled the valve that is supposed to do it. Time is running short, but I hope to get the cap put on the truck today.  Building a box shouldn't take long, and I already have the hinges and latch.

Since it was quite long, and time is really short, I cleaned up the list a bit.
Current To-do:
  • Trip:
    • Drain hot tub and pack it away.
    • Do something with ditch in back
    • Go to Tractor Supply and finish out the mortgage.
    • Dump run
    • Turn off Synology
    • Turn on furnace/heat
    • Pack clothes (26 days).  Buy clothes if needed.
    • Pack everything else.
    • Put cap on truck
    • Build back window for cap
    • Install basics, like lighting and window locks in cap.
    • Test cap.  Make sure it doesn't go explody at 80mph
    • Test wiring for Jackery and fridge.
    • Load truck.
    • Print out directions
    • Finish making hotel reservations
    • Set up GoPro control from my new phone.
    • Get haircut
    • Empty portable toilet.
    • Have Barry come chop up the logs
  • After trip, but preferably before winter:
    • Install drainage in the backyard.  
    • Shorten PTO shaft for snowblower
    • Insulate the water lines
    • Take scrap metal to Buffum
    • Close up tiny home.
    • Final mowing of leaves. 
    • Winterize equipment
  • Winter projects: 
    • All the cabinet upgrades (bathroom, pantry, and kitchen)
    • Design deck
    • Build armoire
    • Install whole house filter
    • Shelving upgrades in master closet.
    • Access panel upgrades in master closet
    • Install cube organizer in living room
  • 2024 Projects:
    • Deck
    • Entertainment center
    • Storm doors

No comments:

Post a Comment