Thursday, October 12, 2023

Plumbing. At least it isn't PVC

Last night I got sidetracked coming up with shopping lists and just generally coming up with trip planning stuff.  More on that in a bit.

I did end up cutting a chunk out and putting my coupler in.  I damaged a piece of the pex when I was removing the clamps (the big gouge right below the tee), but got two of the three off without issue.  The new crimp ring remover works pretty good actually.


The plumbing inside is now done though.  No leaks this time.  even looking at what I cut out, I still don't see the leak; it had to be a defective tee.  


It is amazing how much difference in noise it makes.  The reason is that the hose adapter I installed for the outside actually restricts the flow, which means the backflush water backs all the way up to the filter and there is no air in the line.  The line I added is full 3/4" all the way to the 2" PVC, so there are no blockages or restrictions which means that there is air in the lines and the flow is a lot more turbulent.


Earlier in the night, I was mostly working on my food plan for my trip.  It is 26 days of traveling before I get to KY.  The working theory is that I will typically eat breakfast before/as I drive to the day's events.  Lunch I will sometimes bring with me, sometimes eat out depending on the activity.  Dinner I will typically eat out, unless I get back late.  Driving days I almost exclusively eat out, I tend to grab and go and eat while driving.  I am also noting how it is stored.  I only have a dorm fridge with roughly 0.7 cubic feet of freezer space, and my plug in cooler which I will be running as a freezer.  Dry just means it will be in a tote in the back. This is what I came up with.  Hopefully I have enough frozen space for all of it.

Breakfast - ~24 meals
    10 - 3 Boxes of cereal (dry)
    4 - 2 Boxes Pop-tarts  (dry)
    8 - Breakfast sandwiches (freezer/dry)
        * Frozen cooked eggs (freezer)
        * Sausages (freezer)
        * bacon (dry)
        * Eggos/bagels/wraps (eggos freezer, dry for rest)
    4 - Banquet breakfasts (freezer)
    2 - SPARE - Dried sausage and gravy from camping gear? (dry)
    Fruits and juices (dry)

Lunch - ~16 meals, 6 driving days plus I will eat lunch out at least a 4 times
    8 - Sandwiches
        * Cold Cuts (freezer)
        * Cheese (fridge)
        * Condiments (fridge)
        * Veggies (fridge)
    4 - Hamburger helper (premade). (freezer)
    4 - Steakhouse rice (fridge/freezer split)
    2 - SPARE - Chili mac (dry)
Lunch Sides
    4 - Soups (dry)
    4 - Mac and cheese (dry)
    Fruit (dry)

Dinner - ~12 meals, 6 driving days plus eating out a lot.
    4 - Chef boyardee (dry)
    2 - Tuna noodle casserole (dry)
    4 - Chicken patty and rice (frozen/dry)
    4 - Hot dogs (fridge)
Sides
    4 - Rice (dry)
    4 - Broccoli/Cauliflower and cheese (frozen)
    4 - Green beans and corn (dry)

Snacks for the road (all dry)
    Pop tarts
    Chips
    Cookies
    Jerky

Beverages
3 Cases Lipton lemon
3 Cases Lipton mixed berry
3 quarts shelf stable milk

Disposable cups, plates, bowls, silverware.  Also bring a couple sets of real ones just in case.

I just need to finish cleaning up, remove the hose, and the plumbing task will be done.  I took a half day today, so I will definitely be able to go and get gravel today.  I heard in a roundabout way from my boss that he is a bit more relaxed with using sick time as PTO time, so I might call off a few days over the next couple of weeks to try to get this all done.  I have added a section of the to-do list for other trip tasks.

Current To-do:
  • Before trip:
    • Make sure my formal clothes can be found and still fit.
    • Drain hot tub and pack it away.
    • Hook up snowblower to tractor
    • Do something with ditch in back
    • Go to Tractor Supply and finish out the mortgage.
    • Dump run
    • Turn off Synology
    • Turn on furnace/heat
    • Pack clothes (26 days).  Buy clothes if needed.
    • Pack everything else.
    • Clean out truck
    • Wash out bed
    • Put cap on truck
    • Build back window for cap
    • Install basics, like lighting and window locks in cap.
    • Test cap.  Make sure it doesn't go explody at 80mph
    • Test wiring for Jackery and fridge.
    • Load truck.
    • Print out directions
    • Finish making hotel reservations
  • Before winter:
    • Move carport
    • Fix carport
    • Final grade - get gravel and drainage pipe.
    • Buy a real bed and living room furniture.
    • Get a gun cabinet/safe.
    • Fix driveway.
    • Install drainage in the backyard.  
    • Remove the backflush hose.
    • Get heat pump installed.
    • Get a snowblower for the tractor.
    • Build a platform for the steps.
    • Insulate the water lines
  • Winter projects: 
    • All the cabinet upgrades (bathroom, pantry, and kitchen)
    • Design deck
    • Build armoire
    • Build dresser
    • Install whole house filter
    • Shelving upgrades in master closet.
    • Access panel upgrades in master closet
  • 2024 Projects:
    • Deck
    • Entertainment center
    • Storm doors

No comments:

Post a Comment