Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Rock and Stone.

I just barely got home early enough to unload the truck when I got home, but it is ready for the next round of gravel, which I will probably get today at lunch.  


I got most of it put it in the pile in the back, but once there was less than a tractor bucket left, I put the rest of it into the driveway.


I was aware that the Samsung units struggle to throttle down (a really odd problem for something with an inverter drive), but it was roasting in the house when I got home.  It doesn't help either that the furnace decided to ignore my setpoint in favor of some pre-programmed schedule thing I didn't know was in there and was running as well.  


After that I made a run to Home Depot to get a new tee.  They also had a pinch clamp removal tool that wasn't too expensive so I picked one up.  I am hoping I don't have to cut everything out, and can replace just the tee.  I will replace it tonight, since the filter will backflush again Thursday morning.  


I also stopped and picked up some groceries and stuff for the trip, the stuff I knew that I would need since I haven't made a list yet.  


One of those things was the little push button lights from Dollar Tree.  


They are brighter than I expected.  This was taken with no flash and in regular mode (not night mode).  It is about as bright as as 40W bulb, which is impressive for a little 3AAA light.  I currently have no lights in the truck cap, so I will probably put a couple of these in.


I also ordered a few (hopefully the last) parts I will need for the trip.  I got a 12V extension cable, so I can charge the Jackery while driving with the hope that I won't have to remove it to charge it every night.  I also grabbed a long USB cable to hook up the GoPro with.  The one I had from the Tundra wasn't long enough for the Ford.

Current To-do:
  • Before winter:
    • Move carport
    • Fix carport
    • Final grade - get gravel and drainage pipe.
    • Buy a real bed and living room furniture.
    • Get a gun cabinet/safe.
    • Fix driveway.
    • Install drainage in the backyard.  
    • Remove the backflush hose.
    • Get heat pump installed.
    • Get a snowblower for the tractor.
    • Build a platform for the steps.
    • Insulate the water lines
  • Winter projects: 
    • All the cabinet upgrades (bathroom, pantry, and kitchen)
    • Design deck
    • Build armoire
    • Build dresser
    • Install whole house filter
    • Shelving upgrades in master closet.
    • Access panel upgrades in master closet
  • 2024 Projects:
    • Deck
    • Entertainment center
    • Storm doors

2 comments:

  1. Your "get it ready to go" list seems like it is as bad as mine was

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, to be fair, I never really completed it. I still haven't even made the back window for it yet, because it needs to be molded to the tailgate... And the windows are still held shut with tape, and so on. I just need more time.

      Delete