Friday, October 13, 2023

Finally running laundry again.

Yesterday was more gravel.  Again.  Three quarter ton this time.  I ordered a set of steps yesterday when I realized that I didn't have a good way to get into the back of the truck.  While I can do it, it is really difficult, I am not limber enough.  The set I ordered is a three step unit, so hopefully they are the same height as these which are perfect.


I also spent some time trying to recover the coupler I cut out and replaced, so I could use it outside.  I got the ring off pretty easily, but the crimp ring apparently embedded the pex into the fitting.  Oh well.  I will pick up another one.  

I couldn't get the pex off even with vise grips.


I did get the laundry room put back together so I could run laundry.  I needed to.


The rest of the evening (while the laundry was running) was just trip prep.  I found my formal clothes, though I will probably want to get them dry cleaned.  They smell of the lavender mothballs I used to keep the mice and critters out strongly enough to curl nose hairs.  I also organized that pile of groceries in the last post into totes.  I apparently forgot to take pictures though.

After I put all the laundry away, I took stock of how many of each kind of thing I had.  I also found another tote of clothes in the closet, so I will barely (and I mean barely) have enough clothes to make the trip without running laundry, which is nice. I will be 100% out of clothes when I get back to KY though.


We got our first major freeze of the season of the season.  We supposedly had a minor frost last week (that had melted off before I went to work), but today I had to scrape.  That was all ice.

I have finished updating the to-do list to include the trip tasks.  It looks a lot scarier now in length, but most of these are really small things.

Current To-do:
  • Trip:
    • Make sure my formal clothes can be found and still fit.
    • Drain hot tub and pack it away.
    • Hook up snowblower to tractor
    • Do something with ditch in back
    • Go to Tractor Supply and finish out the mortgage.
    • Dump run
    • Turn off Synology
    • Turn on furnace/heat
    • Pack clothes (26 days).  Buy clothes if needed.
    • Pack everything else.
    • Clean out truck
    • Wash out bed
    • Put cap on truck
    • Build back window for cap
    • Install basics, like lighting and window locks in cap.
    • Test cap.  Make sure it doesn't go explody at 80mph
    • Test wiring for Jackery and fridge.
    • Load truck.
    • Print out directions
    • Finish making hotel reservations
    • Set up GoPro control from my new phone.
    • Get haircut
    • Empty portable toilet.
  • Before winter:
    • Move carport
    • Fix carport
    • Final grade - get gravel and drainage pipe.
    • Buy a real bed and living room furniture.
    • Get a gun cabinet/safe.
    • Fix driveway.
    • Install drainage in the backyard.  
    • Remove the backflush hose.
    • Get heat pump installed.
    • Get a snowblower for the tractor.
    • Build a platform for the steps.
    • Insulate the water lines
    • Have Barry come chop up the logs?
    • Take scrap metal to Buffum
    • Clean out and take down portable garage.
    • Remove the tow straps embedded in the carport.
    • Drain hoses and put away for winter.
    • Get rid of those steps for the hot tub.  
    • Close up tiny home.
    • Install driveway markers.
    • Final mowing of leaves. 
    • Winterize equipment
  • Winter projects: 
    • All the cabinet upgrades (bathroom, pantry, and kitchen)
    • Design deck
    • Build armoire
    • Build dresser
    • Install whole house filter
    • Shelving upgrades in master closet.
    • Access panel upgrades in master closet
  • 2024 Projects:
    • Deck
    • Entertainment center
    • Storm doors

No comments:

Post a Comment