Sunday, August 30, 2020

Cleaning day.

This past week has been pretty rough.  The only nice day was Friday, and I broke everything at work so I ended up working until 2:30AM trying to fix it and had to go back in for an 8AM meeting, so Friday I came home and pretty much went to bed.  Saturday was stormy, so I did some inside chores I had been neglecting for the past week and fixed my sleep schedule.  Happy belated birthday Heather.

Today I needed to get something done, so I dragged myself out.  It was a gorgeous day.  Just as a quick update, I have been using the outdoor shower to let my bathroom dry out, since I noticed some of the silicone lost adhesion and consequently seal with the base of the toilet.  I would also like to make the lips around the edges a bit taller.  It certainly isn't always a pleasant shower, like today there was a pretty constant 10-15mph wind making it brisk even though I made the water warmer to compensate. 


Before I got to my primary objective today, I went and charged up my batteries.  The lawn mower surprisingly was still topped off.  I put the charger on it and it immediately said it was still full.  The car was a different story.  Neither has been run in weeks.  The car is blocked in, and the tractor is broken again (as you can see by the shin deep grass in the prior picture).  Unfortunately the mice have moved in it would appear.


It is all charged up now though.


My primary goal today was to get the dumpster filled.  I started with getting rid of the crap on the slab.  It looks like my cheapo sawhorses have seen better days.  I didn't use pressure treated wood though and it shows.  They were mostly built from scraps.


Apparently while I was clearing the slab, I got a sign that I need to go fishing.  It has been a really long time since I cleared that area of the slab, and the leaves that blow up there in the fall a couple of years ago have apparently decomposed.


The slab is clear now though.  It took a lot longer than I expected, there was a lot more crap there than I thought.  I ended up taking my snow shovel (since it was bigger) and just shoveling it into the dumpster.  Longer term, I will get rid of the generator (it doesn't run anyways), and I could put my patio furniture here, and move the grill. 


After that, I noticed it was already 4, so I got to work on the backyard behind the carport.  I found a few interesting things.  I found my old tin snips.  They don't work too good anymore.


I also found my not-square.


While I was clearing it, I got today's lesson on how to almost tip over a tractor.  I don't remember the soft spot extending that far back.


I also made a few friends.  There were actually three of them, but two of them slithered away before I could snap the picture.  I am not a snake expert, but I have seen the all-black ones before.


I also saw one of these.  I am not familiar with this one.  It was gray on top, a light orange (almost creamsicle) on the underside, with a light orange ring behind the head.


The back yard is cleaned up now though.  While I wouldn't drive the lawn tractor through it, all the crap is out of the way so I can go picking up the rocks and starting the smoothing.


The dumpster is almost completely full.  I am quite surprised how much crap was over there.


The dumpster is ready to be hauled away at this point, though I would like to get the tonneau cover from my truck in it first.  I am not sure I can lift it in by myself though, so I might have to grab a hand to get it in.  This will also allow me to get the car out so I can finally get it inspected.  It is a nice week coming up though. 

1 comment:

  1. The black snakes are probably just rat snakes. the other i am not sure of

    ReplyDelete