Friday, August 21, 2020

Roofing has begun.

I snuck out a little early yesterday and came home to a glare.


At least my clock was illuminated.


I installed a handful of cross braces. These are just to keep it from flopping over while I am crawling around on the roof.


I then started to dry-fit (a lesson learned from the shed where the panels don't all sit nicely) some of the metal.  I got the bottom row of panels plopped up on the roof.  Everything fit together nicely.


Things weren't horribly crooked on the back where I started.  I lined up the marks in the panels to the rafters (the straight ones, the end rafter is warped), not all the furring strips were perfect length.


Things still looked decent when I got to the front.


Not sure if it is a good thing or not, but apparently the panels from Home Depot are a lot more slippery.  I got the roofing at Ace for the shed, and even on twice the pitch (the shed is running 6/12, this is only 3/12) they never slid off the roof when I was installing them, which was good because of the way I installed them.  These ones slid themselves off if left unsupervised.


I also poked around a little at work the last couple of days, and have settled on this for a rear blade.  It is reasonably well reviewed.  There were a few complaints that you can't add weight to it to make it bite better, but most of the reviews seemed positive.  I don't want to go larger than 6ft for my tractor either. 
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/countyline-grader-blade-6-ft?cm_vc=-10005

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to paint the metal or enjoy the glare?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will get painted, probably a beige of some sort, and definitely matte

      Delete