Thursday, August 20, 2020

Mostly sunny they said...

Yesterday was supposed to be mostly sunny.  That was a lie.  I drove home in the rain, and we got enough wind in Sullivan that it blew my tarp off the wood and my tools (which was held down with cinder blocks and a bucket of nails).  So I spent a lot of the evening drying things off.


I also left my windows open last night (we got down into the 40s), and woke up with my feet (which are right next to the big window) being a little chilly.  This is a little unusual for August.


I started poking around at the corner braces, what lengths I will need, and settled on 16" for the short wall, and 32" for the tall wall. These are for preventing any twisting in the wind.  Not strictly speaking necessary (especially once I have installed the back wall), but I have spare 2x4 so I see no reason not to add them. 

I had hoped to start laying metal down yesterday, but I will start it tonight.  The good news is that it appears that the rain all weekend is now just Sunday afternoon, so even if it isn't done tomorrow, the structure won't get drenched again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment