Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Finishing work

I finished up the dumpster last night.  I ended up using the tractor push and pin the cover, and then I just pushed it in.  It doesn't really fit, but oh well. 


After that I did some long overdue mowing.  It was so thick it was bogging my 6ish HP pushmower without running the self-propeller.  I might have waited too long.  I got the side and most of the front down by the road done, I still have the leech field and the other side, and the back to do.  It is raining today though, so it may not get done before I leave for Labor Day. 


On a side note, I noticed last week that one or two trees had started turning (yes, in August!).  It is clear that they weren't an anomaly.  Looks like we are going to have an early Autumn.  Last year it started early and lasted for a long time, but the color was never very vibrant; early on there was too much green, later on the trees that changed early were dead or bare.


No comments:

Post a Comment