Friday, September 25, 2020

Rear wall framing installed.

 I managed to get out reasonably early (two days in a row!) so I got to work on the back wall.  I couldn't get the air compressor to run (it has been having power issues of late) but it turns out those were due to the splitter I have.  I removed it from the equation and the frequent random GFCI trips and compressor failed starts went away.  



The wall is installed now.  The warp in the last rafter is very apparent now.



It isn't perfectly level because of the oddity noted previously, but it is installed.  This was a serious pain and I frequently found myself in need of a second set of hands (Like holding the tall end to keep it from flopping over, lifting the short end up and nailing it at the same time), but it is installed.



I also pulled the shed back upright.  It had shifted a little when I was crawling around on the roof.



I also got the siding pulled out and ready to be installed.  Hopefully that will be this evening's project if I miraculously get out early for a third day in a row.  



I haven't quite completed it yet; I am sure I forgot some stuff and will add to it, but I started to put together a preliminary pre-winter checklist.  It isn't as daunting as in previous years actually

  • Support the shed (either pilings or add additional bracing)
  • Get windows installed in the shed
  • Paint the carport
  • Re-route the electrical cords
  • Install driveway markers
  • Get chains and a blade
  • Finish moving piles around (gravel and dirt)
  • Grade the driveway
  • Install siding on the south wall
  • Realign the front door
  • Winterize mowers
  • Shut off hose.

No comments:

Post a Comment