Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Carport filled up.

 I didn't have a lot of daylight left when I got home yesterday since it gets dark before 7 now, but I did get to fire up the tractor for the first time in a while.  I smoothed out the interior of the carport.  There were mounds where we had dug down to get the walls level.  Those have been smoothed out.  I also found out the tractor headlights are not in a good spot.  They are too low; if the bucket isn't all the way down, they shine into it.  I might have to get a spotlight installed on the tractor for the winter.

While I had the tractor going, I leveled up my three point hitch.  The right side had loosened up a bit and was lower.  I hope to go get the grading blade for the tractor tonight.



I also started putting stuff in there.  I can pull the tractor a couple feet further forward, but wanted to leave the sawhorses in the back available.  I wanted to pull the deck off the lawn tractor and set it on them, but the lawn tractor wouldn't start.  Once I get the plexiglass up I might move the miter saw to the back, but for now it is safer and less likely to get wet where it is.


Here are some fall foliage shots.  I think I figured out how to make them bigger.


Sadly this is the most color I get on my property.  Almost everything on my lot turns yellow, I don't have much red or orange.


I will be starting on the checklist today when I get the blade.

  • Support the shed (either pilings or add additional bracing)
  • Get windows installed in the shed
  • Paint the carport
  • Re-route the electrical cords
  • Install driveway markers
  • Get chains and a blade
  • Finish moving piles around (gravel and dirt)
  • Grade the driveway
  • Install siding on the south wall
  • Realign the front door
  • Winterize mowers
  • Shut off hose.

1 comment:

  1. Apparently my attempt to make them bigger failed. They appear bigger, but don't expand when you click on them. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete