Monday, September 28, 2020

Rear wall complete.

Saturday's project was finishing up the back wall.  Interestingly, despite the wall not being perfectly level, the metal siding actually lined up almost perfectly on both sides.  





It is apple season, so I made some applesauce.  The apples were unusually juicy this year, so it took a lot longer than normal to cook down.  


I also went out for a bike ride on Sunday since, while it was warm, it was pleasant.  It wasn't sunny which helped.  I didn't get any great foliage shots, but here are a few.  Sullivan is largely in peak foliage, but Keene (where I went) wasn't quite.  It was nice to get out on it again, I haven't been on a bike ride in a few months.  Because I am out of shape, I was pretty dead afterwards.  


Unfortunately in the new blogger, I don't know how to upload the photos at a higher resolution.  

Just so I get in the habit of posting it, here is the checklist.

  • Support the shed (either pilings or add additional bracing)
  • Get windows installed in the shed
  • Paint the carport
  • Re-route the electrical cords
  • Install driveway markers
  • Get chains and a blade
  • Finish moving piles around (gravel and dirt)
  • Grade the driveway
  • Install siding on the south wall
  • Realign the front door
  • Winterize mowers
  • Shut off hose.

2 comments:

  1. well you should bring your bike down and we can go biking together when you visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably will, especially if I stay for the month.

      Delete