Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Back to work

I have been on vacation, which was much needed, but got back last weekend.  Last night I finally got back to work.  I sanded down the board I got to raise the water barrier a little taller.  The sanded side ended up much nicer than the nice side of the board. 


The boards are cut and installed in the bathroom.  I sealed them with silicone.  This should help prevent water from getting back behind the toilet.  I used the shower this morning and it helped a lot, though I still need to get a longer shower curtain. 



I also opened up my new laptop last night.  I discovered on vacation that the bottom row of keys on my old laptop had stopped working.  It is a Lenovo Thinkpad.  It was kind of concerning when I opened it that the seal on the laptop was broken.  It was supposed to be a new machine, not a refurb. 


It booted up just fine though.  I will want to go through the list of processes and make sure nothing is nefarious (someone injected malware which is why the seal was broken).


I also installed the discharge chute on my pushmower.  the deck is caked on really bad.  Hopefully it will clear out next time I mow, since it was mostly mulching the last couple of times I mowed with it.  If not, it does have a deck wash port on it.


Despite being chilly (we were in the 30s), I saw a flock of turkeys this morning.  It is good to see the wildlife return, this is the first I have seen since the dumpster was delivered and the stink scared everything away.

2 comments: