Wednesday, September 30, 2020

New toy.

Yesterday after work I went up and got the new grading blade.  



It was raining pretty good when I got home, so I decided to go check out the carport, since this is the first rain since I finished it.  The rain blew a few feet in.  



The chop saw stayed dry though, even though I don't have the plexiglass up yet.  



I was surprised that there wasn't more coming in on the high side.  The bucket was dry.



There was only a couple of dribbles blowing in from the back wall.  Considering it is facing north, I thought it strange that the west wall let less in than the north wall (the storm came up from the southwest), but oh well.  



I also double checked the roof and walls.  I haven't been in the shed while it was raining yet, I had previously only looked inside after it had rained.  No leaks.



Today at lunch I went up and installed the new blade.  Despite being a bigger blade than is recommended for the tractor (it recommends 25HP class minimum, mine is a 22HP class, and a BX with wimpy hydraulics to boot), it goes up and down and fit with ease.  



I should have looked at it more closely.  It said it came with pins, but it doesn't come with the D-clips or anything to actually hold it in place.  Sigh.  I will check at Home Depot tonight, but I might end up making another Tractor supply run.



It fits in the carport easily.  I did have to pull the tractor all the way up to sawhorses, but it fits with over a foot to spare.  



It is nice this time of year, even just driving into work.




This puts the first item on the checklist in progress.

  • Support the shed (either pilings or add additional bracing)
  • Get windows installed in the shed
  • Paint the carport
  • Re-route the electrical cords
  • Install driveway markers
  • Get chains and a blade
  • Finish moving piles around (gravel and dirt)
  • Grade the driveway
  • Install siding on the south wall
  • Realign the front door
  • Winterize mowers
  • Shut off hose.

No comments:

Post a Comment