Thursday, August 31, 2023

Fedex strikes again

The next upgrade I ordered came in the other day.  It was a set of rolling shelves to replace the built in shelves in the master bathroom.  But alas, they got Fedex'd.  The box had some damage.



But every single shelf in the box was wrecked.  The poles looked ok.  While this is Fedex' fault, it isn't like the seller tried to help prevent damage, there was no padding or protection at all in the box.


The other big news was that the home contractors came on Wednesday.  They didn't do the windows because of rain.  I am still trying to find a way that I can leave the windows open when it rains.  


But they cleaned up the sloppy light install and the random nails in the floor.


They did a decent job on the floors.  They were careful top cut it on the "seams" and resealed it after with what looked like a chemical weld type thing (think JB Weld for linoleum).  Other than you can see where the applied the chemical (which should wear off eventually) it doesn't look bad.  These were the two big ones.  


They also fixed the squeak in the kitchen.  It was apparently caused by the trailer frame not being bolted to the subflooring very tightly.  I wasn't able to reproduce the squeak in the living room.

I am finishing up the thorough cleaning.  I was thinking of having some people over this weekend.  It is supposed to be nice this weekend, so I might also rent the excavator.  I think I remember the layers that I used before: landscape fabric, large gravel, perf pipe (in a sock), more gravel, then the dirt.  The heat pump is in progress, the contractor has ordered the materials.  He seems to think that it will be installed within a couple of weeks.  

2 comments:

  1. FedEx used to the better service. Not so any more

    ReplyDelete
  2. At work we HATE Fed Ex, the UPS guy is a crap load better and way better service.

    ReplyDelete