Thursday, August 24, 2023

Carport moved, but needs repair.

Last night's major project was finishing up the carport move.  I got the winch I got from Barry hooked up with my new tow strap.  


It held up perfectly fine until the last nudge sideways.  Then the part which had swivel casters on it started pull off the bottom plates (I s topped as soon as I saw it), which was not the part I expected to break if anything broke.  The good news is that replacing the bottom plates (or just nailing and screwing it back on if they aren't too badly damaged) isn't difficult, just annoying.  


It was far enough over that I am not too worried about it.  You can walk between the house and carport, but it isn't comfortable.  I can fix it then finish dragging it over, or just leave it until next year when I go to build the deck.  


Leaving it might be better until I get around to trying to break the rocks, since right now that side is easily accessible.


You can see the carport from the bathroom window, but only off the side.


I also did a couple of things inside.  I moved the ziploc bags over to the tupperware cabinet.  Other than that, I am starting a deep clean, so going through and washing everything so that I can have a housewarming party.


As per the usual, nothing from the HVAC contractors.  At this rate, I might start to look at DIY kits.  I know the basics of how to do the install on a mini-split, and you can order the kits online through Lowe's and Home Depot. The rain is coming today, so I plan on making a visit to the furniture store.  I am down to the dual rocker like Aunt and Uncle have, and the couch with the chaise built in.  I am leaning towards the couch at the moment (admittedly mostly because of price).  I will also be picking out the bed today.  The only other thing that is happening is that the propane gets hooked up tomorrow, and I heard back from the house manufacturer, and they are sending out  a contractor next Wednesday to look at the floors and stuff from the gripe list I sent them.  

Current To-do:
  • Before winter:
    • Move carport
    • Fix carport
    • Final grade - get gravel and drainage pipe.
    • Buy a real bed and living room furniture.
    • Get a gun cabinet/safe.
    • Fix driveway.
    • Install drainage in the backyard.  Remove the backflush hose.
    • Get heat pump installed.
    • Get a snowblower for the tractor.
    • Build a platform for the steps.
    • Insulate the water lines
  • Winter projects: 
    • All the cabinet upgrades (bathroom, pantry, and kitchen)
    • Design deck
    • Build armoire
    • Build dresser
    • Shelving upgrades in master closet.
    • Access panel upgrades in master closet
  • 2024 Projects:
    • Deck
    • Entertainment center
    • Storm doors

2 comments:

  1. what all is on your 'gripe' list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lights installed poorly, front windows hard to open and almost impossible to lock, squeaks in the living room and kitchen floors, kitchen sink drains not centered, installed flooring over screws/nails in the kitchen and both baths. Lumps in carpeting in the second bedroom (like a screw/nail)

      Delete