Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Some little odds and ends.

While I was still really tired Monday, I did manage to get a couple of things done.  I got the last tote for the kitchen emptied, the one that was in hiding in the utility room with the spice racks.  I found an orientation for them that doesn't block the outlet too.  I will hang them up tonight.  The big metal basket will go in an empty cabinet once I have everything filled.  I probably won't use that outlet on the left, the microwave and toaster oven will use the one on the right but I still don't want to block any of them.


I also went and did my shopping last night.  I got another bin for the utensils.  And some rocks so that they don't tip over when you pull something out.  


I might move the kitchen aid down a little and put them side by side, but this is roughly where they will go. 


I have been trying to get fiber set up, and decided I am not going with Fibercast.  An ISP that doesn't know how to set up a mail server is a pretty big red flag (they have kicked back all my emails as spam).  Their website claims that they have a location in Stoddard on Shedd Hill Rd, but I drove the whole length and there was no office, or at least nothing with a sign.  I will get a hold of Fidium hopefully today.  I feel kind of bad about it; I voted against contracting the fiber install to Consolidated Communications (who owns Fidium) because they have a bad reputation and were the ones who wouldn't install a switch so I could get DSL when I first moved up there.  At this point though, I don't think Fibercast is better.

But since I want them to set up the internet in the third bedroom, I reorganized the third bedroom a bit, and started to get the temporary desk set up.  I at least found all the pieces.  I just need to find my shorter screws and get it assembled at this point.  


I also haven't had any luck getting the plug out of my muzzleloader, so I went to take the scope off last night.  That didn't go well either.  This wasn't even a Harbor Freight cheapie, this was a Home Depot wrench that broke off in the screw head.  Ugh.  I can still get it off, but it won't be fun trying to get that screw out.  


It rained quite a lot yesterday and last night, so the backyard is a swamp again.  Sigh.  It was dry when I got back yesterday.


I have finished it yet, but given that it is already nearly mid-August and I will have limited availability this fall; I have weddings the last two weekends in October, and my big vacation runs from the end of October to Thanksgiving.  It is time to start thinking of what needs to be done before winter.  I hope to have a project plan for the next blog post.  I have gotten the wheels turning on getting a heat pump installed, though I haven't gotten the quote yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment