Friday, August 18, 2023

Little house things

I have done a bunch of organizing and unpacking stuff this week, and while individually they aren't blog worthy, I figured I would share a generic status update.  

One of the more noticeable things is that I organized the pile of totes.  These are the ones that aren't broken.  I am not sure how many I intend to keep.  I think for my next move I might use totes that have an actual seal.  


The living room is still waiting on furniture (which I will be buying when they start their Labor day sales towards the end of the month), but won't change from this layout.  


Here are some of the other rooms that have gotten a fair bit of attention:  the master bath counter isn't a dumping zone anymore.


The master bedroom is largely empty now.


The third bedroom is still messy, but it is better than it was.  


Partially because I moved my outdoor and travel/camping stuff into the closet in the gym.  There is more camping stuff in the shed that hasn't been brought down yet, so this will get more full.


The big other thing of note: I finally found the bags for my vacuum.  For whatever reason, they were in the desk tote.  


So I vacuumed a little bit to make sure that the vacuum still works and doesn't make the whole house smell like mice, since the vacuum has been sitting in the shed since it was built.  


Disappointingly the vacuum didn't take out the black spots in the living room out.  These happened during move in (they weren't there when I did the first walkthrough), so I am not sure what they are.  I will have to pick up some rug cleaner though.  


I also got the storage hanger that I used for ziploc bags and the like sanded down and ready to re-glue, though I haven't found my wood glue yet.  


Still nothing on the heat pumps.  One of the three quotes has been complete radio silence, the other two responded but I still haven't gotten any quotes.

Current To-do:
  • Before winter:
    • Move carport
    • Final grade - get gravel and drainage pipe.
    • Buy a real bed and living room furniture.
    • Get a gun cabinet/safe.
    • Fix driveway.
    • Install drainage in the backyard.  Remove the backflush hose.
    • Get heat pump installed.
    • Get a snowblower for the tractor.
    • Build a platform for the steps.
    • Insulate the water lines
  • Winter projects: 
    • All the cabinet upgrades (bathroom, pantry, and kitchen)
    • Design deck
    • Build armoire
    • Build dresser
    • Shelving upgrades in master closet.
    • Access panel upgrades in master closet
  • 2024 Projects:
    • Deck
    • Entertainment center
    • Storm doors

No comments:

Post a Comment