Wednesday, August 2, 2023

More new toys. This time for laundry.

I was kind of lazy last night.  I didn't do much, but I did finish sorting the dishes.  These are the extras.  If anyone wants them, they are welcome to them.  I kept 12 medium and large plates, and 10 small plates and bowls.  Otherwise I might just toss them into a tote and put them back in the shed as spares in case one breaks or I host Thanksgiving or something.  


I also moved all the stuff out of the utility room for the washer and dryer.  


I didn't want to go into work this morning, so I puttered around for a bit.  I noticed that the back yard no longer has any standing water in it.  I would bet I still wouldn't want to walk in it though.  


I came home at lunch today. One thing I noticed is that the place is really well insulated.  The temperature had not risen a single degree.  This was taken this morning (yuou can see the time on the thermostat).


And at lunch.  Admittedly it was only barely into the 70s at that point, but still impressive.


They came in and installed the new machines today.  I will definitely have to do something about the buzzer on them.  The buzzer on this dryer is louder than a lawn mower, and goes off 4 times.  Even with the door shut to the laundry room, and all the windows shut, I could hear it loud and clear outside the house.  There is naturally no switch to turn it off.  I think it will need to have an "accident".


1 comment: