Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Lazy week, but my new internet is fast!

I have been very lazy this week, and haven't really done much.  A little bit of cleaning and organizing, but nothing really of note.  I did ponder the carport, and I think instead of getting a winch I might just wait until I rent an excavator.  I am going to need one to put in the drainage before winter.  I will still need another tow strap/rope though.  

Earlier in the week start sketching out ideas for the deck.  I started with two ideas.  I will need to get the carport in place to get actual measurements though.


I ordered the snowblower for the tractor, so that should be coming in within the next few weeks.  I ended up going with this one: https://woodmaxx.com/product/woodmaxx-sb-48/

I also got my internet installed today.  It has lots of zoom.  Once I finish getting everything set up on the desk, I will start looking into ways to share my Synology on the internet (preferably securely) since a few people have expressed interest in access.


I heard back from the plumber about the lack of insulation.  Turns out the heat tapes he installed (I looked up the specs on them myself, not just taking his word for it) claim not to require pipe insulation.  They are thermostatically controlled though, so I can install insulation on it if I want to, which I probably will.  That might be a "if I have time before winter" thing.  I have had disappointingly little progress on the heat pump front though.  

Current To-do:
  • Before winter:
    • Move carport
    • Final grade - get gravel and drainage pipe.
    • Buy a real bed and living room furniture.
    • Get a gun cabinet/safe.
    • Fix driveway.
    • Install drainage in the backyard.  Remove the backflush hose.
    • Get heat pump installed.
    • Get a snowblower for the tractor.
    • Build a platform for the steps.
    • Insulate the water lines
  • Winter projects: 
    • All the cabinet upgrades (bathroom, pantry, and kitchen)
    • Design deck
    • Build armoire
    • Build dresser
    • Shelving upgrades in master closet.
    • Access panel upgrades in master closet
  • 2024 Projects:
    • Deck
    • Entertainment center
    • Storm doors

No comments:

Post a Comment