Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Furniture has gotten expensive.

Yesterday at lunch I went and visited Frazier and Sons, the furniture store where I bought the futon.  Furniture is a bit more expensive than I remember.  I looked at a few different possibilities for the living room.  The first is something like this.  This was surprisingly the cheapest option and by quite a bit (all the furniture pictures you should be able to see the price tag if you blow it up).  It would take up most of the living room at 8' wide, but would fit and allow for end tables.


I also looked at one of these.  This is similar to what Aunt and Uncle have.  This was the most expensive option.  But Aunt's and Uncle's setup is pretty nice.


I also poked around at some basic recliners.  This option isn't too expensive, but it really depends on how expensive a recliner you get.  I would probably get two of them.  



I also looked at mattresses.  They still have cheaper options that I liked, but I will definitely want to poke around a bit.  

It is definitely easy to spend an eye popping amount of money on a mattress though.  I saw many mattresses that were over $2500+ for just the mattress.  This was the most expensive one that I looked at that I liked (I didn't even try anything over $2k), but I don't think it was 4 times the mattress of the other one.  

Last night I did a few small things.  I finished up the kitchen.  


I also installed the little plugs for the screws in the exterior doors.  You can see where I started (on the right) and where I finished (on the bottom), they consistently look better as you go around.  


The last project for last night was to set up the desk in the third bedroom.  I am very unimpressed with the screws I took out of it.  Two of them sheared off when I put them in.  I will probably want to put more screws in it at some point.


But the desk lives.  



After that video, I decided to fix all the wiring.  It looks nice and neat now.  And it doesn't unplug itself when you raise it.


I started to pull out the Moca adapters and put stuff on the desk, but got lazy and didn't finish it up.  I thought I had some coax cables in my computer tote, but didn't see any.  I probably have some in the entertainment center drawers.


Today's rain update.  I put some pine sol in these yesterday and left them outside since it was supposed to rain.  It rained more than I expected (because we clearly needed it).  Today at least is supposed tot be dry, but the rain comes back tomorrow.


I also have the preliminary draft of this year's to-do list.  The before winter section is longer than I would like, but at least most of it is just spending money and not time intensive.
  • Before winter:
    • Move carport
    • Final grade - get gravel and drainage pipe.
    • Buy a real bed and living room furniture.
    • Get a gun cabinet/safe
    • Fix driveway
    • Install drainage in the backyard.  Remove the backflush hose.
    • Get heat pump installed
  • Winter projects: 
    • All the cabinet upgrades (bathroom, pantry, and kitchen)
    • Design deck
    • Build armoire
    • Build dresser
    • Shelving upgrades in master closet.
    • Access panel upgrades in master closet
  • 2024 Projects:
    • Deck
    • Entertainment center
    • Storm doors

No comments:

Post a Comment