Thursday, August 3, 2023

Dryer is quiet now.

The first thing that happened when I got home was my dryer's buzzer got accidentally unplugged. It only took a couple of minutes.  


Even despite that, the units are not quiet, but at least it won't scare me out of my skin when it completes.  I can still hear them running, even with the door closed.  I might put something solid behind this vent, but for now it is fine though.  I ran three loads of laundry through it yesterday and while I could hear it, it didn't bother me.  


I also went and put up some hooks in the kitchen.  Apparently these hooks stick to these cabinets really really good.  So good that if you put it on crooked and try to peel it off, the adhesive is stronger than the plastic...



I am going to a bachelor party this weekend, so I pulled out my air mattress and sleeping bag and started cleaning everything.  I didn't smell any mildew or anything, so I just hosed it down with Lysol.


The washer ran 4 times yesterday (one test fill to check for leaks, 3 loads of laundry).  I only ran the dishwasher a couple of times, and my water filter is apparently out of capacity.  I don't normally run three loads of laundry in a week, much less in a day, but it is definitely something I will have to keep an eye on.  


5 comments:

  1. That actually makes complete sense. The washer is 3.8 cubic feet, which is roughly 28 gallons. 3 loads (2 fills per load) and a test fill, so 7 total fills, is something like 196 gallons. Its "capacity" is 200 gallons,

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes! what's it recovery time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless you mean the filter. It backflushes every three days (there was less than a day left when I noticed it though). It is fine now. In the future, if I run a lot of laundry, I can also manually kick the backflush

      Delete
    2. Ahh, that's what I mean is the back flush.

      Delete