Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Nice week

It has been pretty nice this week, so I have been spending as much time as possible outside before it changes tonight.  I have gotten a couple of things done though.  I put my rocks to work.


I also brought down one of the wire racks from the shed.  I don't have an immediate need for it up there, and it is amazing how much one set of shelves makes the third room look cleaner.


I also finally got around to registering all the appliances for the warranties.  


I worked remotely this morning because I couldn't remember whether the contractors to fix the issues reported in the house were coming out this Wednesday or next Wednesday, and during lunch I went out and mowed the front since it is supposed to rain for the next several days.  The hill that looked pretty ragged last time looks a lot better now.


Between the filling in of the ruts and now a nice mowing, the carport just looks like a brown blob in the yard.  That will green up eventually.


Still no word from any of the HVAC guys.  I gave them a nudge yesterday, hopefully I hear something soon.  At this point the first guy who comes back gets the job.  I plan on ordering the rest of the furniture this week as well as I think the sales start either this week or this weekend.  I also went up and picked up Barry's winch, so I will hopefully be able to finish moving up the carport either this evening or later this week.

Current To-do:
  • Before winter:
    • Move carport
    • Final grade - get gravel and drainage pipe.
    • Buy a real bed and living room furniture.
    • Get a gun cabinet/safe.
    • Fix driveway.
    • Install drainage in the backyard.  Remove the backflush hose.
    • Get heat pump installed.
    • Get a snowblower for the tractor.
    • Build a platform for the steps.
    • Insulate the water lines
  • Winter projects: 
    • All the cabinet upgrades (bathroom, pantry, and kitchen)
    • Design deck
    • Build armoire
    • Build dresser
    • Shelving upgrades in master closet.
    • Access panel upgrades in master closet
  • 2024 Projects:
    • Deck
    • Entertainment center
    • Storm doors

No comments:

Post a Comment