Sunday, August 12, 2018

Yet another wet miserable day.

Today was supposed to be nice and partly cloudy when I wrote my post yesterday.  That was a lie.  It rained quite literally all day.

I went up to pick up some patio furniture, since mine kinda sucks, it didn't take getting blown around too well.  Unfortunately the dude put it out by the road and when I got there, someone else had already taken it.  Oh well. 

Heading over, it was only drizzling, so I decided to try this, so I could run the extension cord inside.  It worked until the wind picked up.  As you might imagine with my luck, it didn't last long.


I then assembled a cap.  One problem though.  You might notice that the cap extends further than the ceiling beam. 


I then took advantage of a slight lull in the rain and managed to make a shorter cap; it really doesn't need to be 4 inches deep.  PVC doesn't cut well with the jig saw, so I will need to hit it with the belt sander for a bit to smooth it out.  A lot.


I them moved on to insulation.  I got the next batt installed.


I also did the end.  I did it the most wasteful way, but I have insulation to spare, so I wasn't too worried.


I also cut off the remaining batts.  These are the last two that I will need.


At that point I was kind of scrambling for things to do.  I measured off the next paneling piece.


I also moved over to the electric.  I got a few of the breakers installed. 


At that point I went home.  At home I did some design work.  I am tempted to build some sawhorses.  I might make a slightly smaller set and shorten one of the required boards to an 8' board (Only make them 2' wide instead of 3 for example).  Still thinking about it.  Setting them up inside would allow me to saw inside, but that really does make a huge mess (I still haven't gotten it all up from when I did it in the second room...) and with limited airflow when it is raining, since if it is raining hard or there is any wind the door needs to be closed and the windows mostly closed so it doesn't come in.  I also did a little design work on the bathroom floor insert, and the mounting and trim system for the electric box.  I might pick up the boards for it tomorrow, since it is supposed to be miserable again tomorrow, and getting the electric in would be a huge boon.


On a side note, you may notice that it is 4AM when I posted this.  I tried my hand at some Indian food, and while it was nice and spicy and tasted awesome, I think I know how most of my family feels after eating a barrel of peppers.  I have been up a few times tonight.  Tomorrow (or I guess later today to be more accurate) is really going to suck.  I do hope to work on the electric tomorrow, we shall see how it goes.


1 comment: