Sunday, August 5, 2018

Extra crispy, but the place is looking nice.

Saturday I wasn't feeling the greatest, so I didn't get too much done.  I did manage to go up and install some insulation though.  I got it installed down to the light.


I also filled in most of the gap in the middle.  This is the only gap that remains, until the electric is done.


I do have a piece to fit into that gap.


It was only a few batts, but I was done at that point.  I had run out of insulation, and it was too rainy to do paneling.

Today however I was feeling better and more motivated.  It was actually sunny for a change, so I went to town on the paneling.  I got cooked since it was hot and I took my shirt off, but it was worth it. 

It is extra satisfying when everything fits perfectly the first time.



I got the first 4 panels on that wall done.


The north wall (the back) was a real pain because of the density of things in the walls.  My jig saw has gotten a lot of work.  I can't really use the circular saw on this because a) it sucks and b) there is not enough support for it.  The jig saw I can hold it with one hand and cut with the other.  The circular saw is too heavy and requires some stability underneath it.  All my cuts have been with the jig saw.


That whole end of the house is done though.


I am also working on the floor kit for the bathroom.  I will be making a custom platform to drain the floor and fiberglassing it in.  I might poke my head up tomorrow and see how the paving is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment