Saturday, August 25, 2018

Closing for the loan is done. More electrical.

The loan is official.  I have the check on my clipboard for the loan.  The closing was today.  Because of that, I got out of work early for a change. 

For starters the picture I missed yesterday.


I got up to the property fairly early too.  I started to do the final run for the electric.  I thought when I ran the wires that I had more than plenty of slack in them.  I was apparently wrong.  Those wires are barely long enough.  Even then just barely.  A couple might be too short actually. 


The other issue was that I couldn't get all the wires into the stud bay.  I didn't really want to put in more than four holes in the top plate, especially right at a joint.  I decided to run part of them down in the next bay and run them through the wall.


You may notice there were only three holes  I hit some screws or nails one one of them, went to put in another one, and the drill died partly through.  My corded drill was at my apartment unfortunately. 


I did prep the panel and the insulation board as well. 




I still hope to finish it up tomorrow and maybe start on the ceiling.  I don't think the house is in jeopardy of not being finished, the bigger threat at this point is the septic and well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment