Monday, May 21, 2018

Wiring installed.

The main objective for today was to install the wiring for the well pump.  I called the well guy today at lunch, and found it is normally a 240V 20A circuit, and normally the circuit is installed where the pressure tank is installed.  It turned out that one of my spare chunks was the exact length I needed.


It is now completely installed and stapled in.  I haven't reinstalled the insulation, I need to pick up another electric box.


I also finished cleaning the far side.


I also had a couple of unfortunate casualties.  The FatMax is dead.  It actually spewed its own tape out and then seized up.  Thankfully I had a Harbor Freight freebie still up there.




Another failure was the tack tape.  Indoor/Outdoor my ass.  The tube and everything has completely come apart.


Something else for me to consider is that since everything is installed at the pressure tank, I should make sure whether they install the tubing, since the electric will have to run alongside it, meaning the long run across I might not need to install.  I might have to make another trip up there tomorrow to confirm.

2 comments:

  1. RIP Fat max . . . I hope it wasn't 'borrowed' I love mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't borrowed. It used to be my nicest tape measure until the whole carport issues last fall. After that though the tape started rusting and it started not retracting very well. I might get another one, since the wider tape is really nice.

      Delete