Monday, May 28, 2018

A bunch of odds and ends cleaned up.

Despite the light drizzle for most of the day, I felt much better.  Since I hadn't picked up the copper stuff yet, I worked on several little things instead.  I started off attaching the support for the underside outlets.


Next up was insulating the corner.


I also began assembly for the septic exit.  I just needed a warmer day to actually attach the piping, it was chilly today.


I began insulating the floor with the leftover styrofoam insulation I had.  The stuff is stupidly brittle and annoying, but oh well.  I haven't quite completed the plan for insulating the floor yet, but at a minimum, I know I will need an XPS layer (sometimes called EPS, extruded polystyrene) since it is completely 100% waterproof.  On top of that things get dicey. 


I had enough to put a layer down on both sides.


Even the back.  I will have to attach this with foam, since I don't want it to shift if I move the trailer, if it shifts, the jack points would no longer be directly on the frame rails.


Once that was wrapped up, I installed the z-flashing.  I am still a couple of pieces short, but they haven't had it in stock for a week or two now. 


The warp was real.  My plan to unwarp didn't work as well as planned, but using screws I was able to pull most of it out.  It left a mess where I had tried to use nails to pull it out.  I had a near miss, since I originally used 3" screws for extra reach, but 3" is long enough to reach inside, where I have things like plumbing lines.  I missed one of the lines by less than an inch.  I switched over to shorter screws after that.


It wasn't that late at that point, but I was running out of materials.  Also being Sunday before a holiday, if I wanted to pick stuff up, I had to do it early.  I had stopped on the way in to pick up the copper for the gas lines, but the parking lot was all the way out to the road.  Even if every register was open, it would have taken me over an hour to check out.  So I waited.  I now have the copper in the trunk ready for tomorrow though.  It should also be warm enough tomorrow to finish the last two PVC joints.

No comments:

Post a Comment