Sunday, May 13, 2018

Nice warm day.

I got the mower cleaned out today.  It was pretty rough.  Thankfully it was not full of insulation like I thought. 


Cleaned out pretty quick with the shop vac. 


I also hosed everything down with some pepper spray.  We shall see if it is as good as it says.


Once I got it up and running, I mowed the front with it.


Once that is all done, I completed the exterior boxes.


This connector is a real pain in the ass.  It doesn't really fit in a small box, the exterior boxes are only 13.5 cubic inch, not the 18 you get out of an interior box.  In hindsight I should have used one of those and made the boxes flush.  Better luck next time. 


Once I finished with those, I decided to use up the rest of the caulk and got another one of the interior windows sealed in. 


That wall section is now ready for insulation.  The only one that isn't at this point is the ones next to the door.  After a brief discussion with dad, I think I might put corner braces in before insulating it. 


I also started to put some Z flashing.  I got part of the side done.  If you blow it up you can see one piece curling real bad.  I am debating how to remove the curl.


The north side/back yard side is done.


And the first piece on the creek side.


This is the first real use of the nailer since it gone rained on.  It didn't take it too well.  That isn't supposed to be like that.  The piece in the middle is what strikes the nail.  It is supposed to retract


I beat it back down, and managed to finish the side with it.  We shall see how much longer it lives.

I also cleaned up a little inside, it was getting to the point where I couldn't walk inside.  I took a whole big bag of trash out too. 


I didn't manage to get any of the plumbing work done, but I have a couple of days off this week as well, so hopefully I can get it wrapped up then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment