Saturday, May 26, 2018

Unproductively hot.

It was hot today.  Really hot.  It wasn't supposed to be (my car read 94 when I got there, in Sullivan), and to boot, something I ate yesterday wasn't sitting well.  I didn't stick around too long today.  I decided to unload the tools in my car where I had AC blowing at me that were part of the haul I got from Barry last fall.  There were a few interesting ones.

I still haven't figured out what this is.  It kind of looks like a nut splitter, but there is no way you can hand split a nut like that.


When you squeeze the handle, it the splitter protrudes.


I should have gone through it earlier.  Would have been nice to know I had a tubing cutter in there...  I bought one.


The guy loved hammers.  There were like 5 or 6 of them in there.  From worthlessly small to large.  Likewise there was a set of 5 ball peen hammers. 


I am not certain what this is either, it looks like an arbitrary angle marker from a drafting set.


I had never seen a hand hole starter kit either.


The bits for it are in the handle.


Likewise, I had never seen a crescent wrench in this style


There were some drill press parts that won't do me much good either.


A tri-square, a rather fancy and old one.


Apparently the guy didn't throw things away when they broke.  He made a new handle for it...  There were actually a few of these.


Some rather serious scissors.


There were also more screwdrivers and nutdrivers and the like than would fit in the drawers of my toolchest. 

At that point, my stomach was unhappy again so I went home.  It was 82 in my apartment, so I finally broke out the AC.  All things considered, after being in the 70s in March, I am surprised I didn't need them until almost June, and even at that, I will likely turn them off tomorrow for a few days.




The spare bedroom window unit I am tempted to bring up to the property and install it in one of those windows and run it off the generator.  I can't just plug in the heat pump unless I wanted to make a custom set of wires for it, since it runs on a 240V circuit.  The idea is tempting.  It won't be enough to cool the place with the floor and ceiling uninsulated, but it might make the hot days bearable.  I need to finish the floor so I can install the paneling and circuit box and then run the whole house off the generator... 

2 comments:

  1. The first item may be a flaring tool, but I can't see enough of it to tell. The hammers are specialty hammers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm, maybe we ought to take dads hammer to him to fashion a new handle

    ReplyDelete