Saturday, May 19, 2018

Soggy Day,

Today was misting most of the morning, so I took advantage of the bugs being absent and it being cool enough to wear long sleeves to get some outdoor stuff done. 

The first thing that I did was spread out the mound of dirt. 


I also went and picked up all the little pieces of roofing that had blown everywhere.


The back yard is now clear of stuff.  I could mow it if it ever dries out. 


As the rain picked up I moved my efforts inside.  I got the corner braces installed.  This one in particular was kind of a pain, the tin snips didn't like cutting through it.


I also installed some T bars on the 2x4 that connect the outer framing to the inner section between the wheels since those two will take a lot of weight, one gets the stove, the other is the door.


I also cleaned out the pex.  I surprisingly used most of the 1/2" pex, and admittedly the 3/4 was intended to have another 20-25 feet of it (probably almost half of what is left)


I also almost completed the insulation.  The shower was the easiest one to do.


The ones around the door were a real pain.  They were nonstandard widths, and those bays were littered with obstacles, it took around a half hour to custom fit each batt, but they are all done now.  I also took the opportunity to trim the foam around the door. 




As far as the insulation is concerned, this is all that is left.


I also noted that I have used an entire box of staples in my construction.


I will try to finish off the insulation tomorrow, that last bay will be a royal pain.  I also intend to visit Home Depot tonight and get the parts for the next stages of plumbing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment