Saturday, May 5, 2018

Storms made a mess. Again.

I got up there today to a mess.  We had some really nasty storms come through last night, knocking out power for a while, and it wreaked havoc on the property too. 

This was a sadly familiar sight.  Keeping in mind that three of the legs were tied into the Mobile home tie downs on the slab, the wind actually lifted the canopy off the legs.  And to boot, I didn't even have the wall tarp up yet. 




In the end, I decided it wasn't worth trying to cobble enough pieces back together and put it back up, so I just tossed all the metal pieces in the pile and the canopy into my tarp graveyard further up the hill.


The wind was also strong enough to lift a cinder block. 


Everything is cleared off now.


I also got the exterior light installed.  The hole saw was the perfect size.  You would think by now that these things would be standardized.  They aren't, the metal mounting bracket is too wide and doesn't fit inside the depressions in the plastic for it.  Oh well.


Even though I apparently didn't take a picture of it, I also got the base installed on and siliconed in.

The box was kind of a pain to install.  They apparently don't actually expect you to use the other track for the nail, I had to drill it out.


But it is in now too. 


I also wanted to get the tractor ready for mowing, since everything is growing, took the chains off.


Went to start it, and it wouldn't run.  Turns out the mice are back in it, even though the first thing I did when I took it off the truck was booby trap the thing with a couple of mouse traps.  What is more annoying is that those are pieces of my insulation that they are using.  I think it is time for some pepper spray.




I got the shower stuff pulled out, and got everything measured out for both it and the laundry hookups.  I am going to put the head a bit higher than they recommend, since they say it should be at 78", and I intend to put the shower head at 80" or maybe 82"


I also got the shower lines run.  I am missing a couple of pex to threaded adapters, which I should be able to finish tomorrow.


The end is finally in sight for the supply lines, only the hose and inlet remain.

Because there are more storms en route, I recovered everything on the slab.  I think I might take the equipment and put it on top of the hill up by the shed, and use the remainder of the canopy to cover it. 



1 comment: