Sunday, May 20, 2018

Another rainy day. Found a serious flaw.

I started off with the styrofoam portion of the last section.  This was a pain.


It is done.  The last chunk that is open is so that the cleanout is accessible. 


I bundled up the remaining insulation and put it in the shed.  I have three and a half batts left if anyone needs it. 


Started marking the boards for the braces.  These are what the outlets will screw into from outside.  Basically it is just the 2x4s will screw into the joist, and the 2x6 will run underneath.  I didn't cut them since it was raining out and I didn't particularly want to run the saw inside.


I also started cleaning up.  It was messy.  There were little bits of insulation and cruft everywhere.


I bought a grabber on my last shopping trip.  It was worth every penny, so I didn't have to crawl around on the joists on my knees.


I tried using the shop vac to clean it up, but it kept trying to suck up the underbelly.  I will need to use the brush head for my regular vacuum it appears.


Hmm, problemo.  There are supposed to be 2 circuits running down to here, and there is only one wire...  I never ran the wiring the well pump.  Fortunately, catching it now means I only have to remove one batt of insulation.



I decided to try to get to the well drilling company to see what kind of wiring I need to run (12/2, 10/2, 12/3, etc), though they were closed since it is Sunday so I brought the next stage of plumbing home.  This is the part that comes in from the underbelly, the tee is in case I wanted to add a way to hook up external water in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Whoops! Accidents happen. at least you caught it now and not later!

    ReplyDelete