Monday, May 28, 2018

Happy Memorial Day

I got a bit of a late start, and the going was slow today.  I got caught up in a parade and had to take some back roads around.  I tried to make an early Home Depot run which was a bad joke.  It was even busier today than it was yesterday.  It was a nice day to drive around though.

I cleaned up the grill for a cookout today.  The cleaner worked wonders, though it stripped off the writing on the grill telling you which burner is the igniter burner and all that jazz.  Oh well.


Unfortunately the cookout never happened since the tank is empty.  Oh well.

I also went to Home Depot later after the bustle had died down.  It turns out the copper I got was the wrong type, I needed type M not type L.  So I got that swapped out so I could finish the rough-in for the gas lines.   I tried to solder the joints with my soldering iron.  That ended poorly.  The iron just doesn't have enough output.  It took several minutes just to melt the flux.


So I had to make a second trip to Home Depot for a torch.  I also picked up a flame retardant cloth since some of the joints will have to be done inside the home.  I did get the rough in complete though.  It looks like I miscounted the number of elbows I need, since I have an extra T and am one elbow short.  The end of the line is for the stove, next in is the water heater, the next is for the dryer, and then comes out of the inside of the home, the elbow turns it towards the center, where the main propane hookups are.  The last tee on the mousepad is in case I wanted a secondary hookup for a small portable tank.  The dryer and secondary source will be capped off, I am not intending to set those up immediately.


Not as much done today as I had hoped, but I should be able to get the copper soldered and hopefully get the last piece of PVC done tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment