Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Late start but really nice day.

I got a bit of a late start today, I didn't roll out of bed until double digits, and Subway didn't sit well.  I did get up there early afternoon. 

Unfortunately, on the way up, apparently one of the light bulbs in the back of my car that I was trying to pawn off on someone decided to explode.  It made a mess.


So I got to spend the first half hour vacuuming everything out, thankfully the shop-vac was up there.


I decided try out the grill cleaner I picked up.  It cleaned up pretty well.  I unfortunately didn't bring my paper towels, so this was all I cleaned with napkins in my car.


The new heat shields are installed as well.  They will probably last as long as the grill at this point. 


I then got back to doing plumbing.  Getting closer to completion.  I got the cleanout adapter installed.


All the cold lines are now insulated.  I even got the source lines installed for the cold.  The 3/4" PEX doesn't bend worth a damn. 


I also got the insulation around the PVC pipes.  This is mostly to keep it from rubbing and creating cracks.


I didn't count right.  I ran out of red insulation, and had some spare blue.  I didn't have enough 3/4 blue insulation though.  I am guessing I don't have enough 3/4 red either, but haven't run those lines yet.  So I have homework to repaint what I do have.  I will need to pick up more.


I even got a few more hangers installed.  The new drill is geared a little different than the old one, it runs a slightly higher RPM, but doesn't have the torque, it is easier to bog down.  Shouldn't be an issue, but still worth noting.


I also brought up a spare 2x4 I had from the AC project last fall.  I screwed it in on both sides of the siding that wasn't "cooperating" and had warped so badly that it I couldn't nail it.  We are supposed to get some storms this weekend, so I am hoping when the water softens the siding a little bit that the pressure applied from this will help warp the siding back closer to straight.  I will have to fill the holes, but still better than having siding curled out.


I do have to work tomorrow (and should have been in bed an hour ago...) but do have Friday off.  I am almost at the point of ticking off the plumbing, though I don't expect that to happen until Sunday, since I haven't even started the gas lines yet. 

Even though there hasn't been any change in a disappointingly long time, the checklist:
  1. Fix ruts in driveway.
  2. Put lights on the plow.
  3. Get the oil changed in the tractor.
  4. Get the tire chains installed and a weight installed on the back.
  5. Get the plastic installed
  6. Get the truck oil undercoated.
  7. Fix leaky underbelly.
  8. Get skirting installed.
  9. Find a way to run power that won't be damaged by snow/plow/snowblower.
  10. Find a way to prevent the snow pushing on the shed.
  11. Finish clearing off the slab.
  12. Run the rough plumbing. (includes gas line for stove)
    1. Venting and Drainage
    2. Water supply
    3. Gas lines
  13. Install wall insulation.
  14. *Install flooring.  *12
    1. Install foam board 
    2. Install blanket.
    3. Install floor insulation.
    4. install plywood.
  15. Install light fixtures.
  16. Install ceiling and attic insulation. *19
  17. *Install paneling  *13, 14
  18. *Install interior wall *14
  19. *Complete electrical and plumbing.  *17, 18
  20. *Install final flooring (carpet/linoleum).  *18, 19
  21. Install interior fixtures.  When I get here, I will likely create a new list for the interior work.

No comments:

Post a Comment