Thursday, April 5, 2018

Meltoff continued... Until tomorrow.

We have had some really ferocious winds the last couple of days.  I lost power up at the property for about a day, and it even went out at my apartment, which is typically very reliable.

The wind didn't play nice up at the property.  Pretty much everything blew around.  The storage cabinet didn't make it.  I will have to see if it just came apart or is damaged.


These tarps had held all winter, and had large cinder blocks holding everything down.


The grill died.  Again.


The door was blown in.  This is a known issue I need to figure out how to address.  During the winter everything lined up and closed.  During the summer, things shift and it doesn't latch. 


For now I just strapped it closed.


I finally got around to picking up the dryer.  It is now up on the slab.  The tonneau cover blew around too, so I just put it on the dryer to protect it from the snow tomorrow.


I put it on the slab because the shed is still inaccessible. 


Most of the yard is clear at this point.


I also finally returned all the stuff to Tim.  I had his ramps, and his hand truck to move the dryer around with.


The car is inspected, the truck goes in tomorrow.  It turns out that my summer tires don't pass inspection anymore, so I had to do the inspection with the snows, and then had him put the summer tires back on it.  I will just dump them at the end of the season, put the snows back on it and run them until it dies.

Regarding the new phone, I am still a bit undecided.  The phone is a notable downgrade from the Moto X in many ways: the reception is worse, the microphone sucks, the speakers suck, it is too big to use with one hand, it doesn't fit in pockets, and many more.  Its camera is an upgrade (it works, not much competition there) but as you can see in the pictures above, it was definitely oversold on the internet.  It is downright bad in low light and meh during daylight.  Perhaps the camera on the Pixel is good enough to warrant replacing a pocket camera, but this one sure isn't.  On the other hand, my options are: go back to the MotoX and run it to its death, or switch away from Republic, which means paying more for my phone.  Not sure I like either of those options either.  Hmmm.

We are supposed to get more snow tomorrow, but only a couple of inches, so hopefully it won't impact anything.  I might consider getting some gravel too, since the driveway is bad.  Really bad.

1 comment: