Monday, April 23, 2018

Progress made, but annoyingly little completed.

Yesterday was a laid back easy day.  It was nice out, and I went to a Craigslist posting trying to get a free snowblower and lawn mower, but they were both gone before I got there.  It was a nice drive though.  I went up in the afternoon, and it was up in the 60s, and I enjoyed the nice day, even opened up all the windows.


I cleaned up the floor and installed the last two batts that were lying there.  Only one pack of insulation remains.




I can't install it though until I finish a few things that were missed when doing the electrical rough-in.  I did the run for the speakers, though my staples were apparently in the car, so I couldn't complete it. 




I started to work on the plumbing and realized that I made a mistake.  I told Matt all the plumbing in the walls was there, but I realized as I was installing the PEX for the shower, that the shower plumbing wasn't in the walls yet.  Doh!  The shower head is going right about where the rip in the insulation is.  I have a staple puller, but it was at home, so I kinda gave up for the day. 


At least the Harbor Freight freebie works better than most normally do.


I have the stubs for the shower sticking up.  I need to pick up more fittings, so I haven't finished it yet.


Today was more of the same.  I started off cleaning out my car, since the prior day I kept looking for things that were in it.  This all came out of the trunk.  I stored everything that I cleared off after the disaster in there.


Annoyingly enough, the staples and stuff I was looking for were not in there.  So I had to make a trip home in the middle of the day.  I still got the speaker wires stapled though.


I did come across a conspicuously unopened roll of wire though, which was for the generator.  That is run too now, it is the really fat orange wire.


It really doesn't like to uncoil.


I also put in the hole for the underneath outlets.  The NP is a reminder to put a nail plate in. 


I couldn't finish the wiring since I had to look up how to do the run for the exterior stuff.  I then decided to work on the plumbing since it was plenty warm enough to do some PVC work.  The first piece ran into a problem.  I need to remove that support, and of course the grinder was in the truck. 


I then instead started to repair the underbelly.  I got the part that tore off taped back up and stapled very heavily. I couldn't finish it because the floor jack is in the truck.


It looks much better on the inside.


The hole still needs fixing, I didn't get that done today.  I have the large repair roll.


A couple of other odds and ends got done, I got the real bungee cords installed on the carport. 


I also felt a couple of bugs coming out of hiding so I put out the last of the remaining dunks. 


I have a large shopping list for Home Depot to hopefully finish some of these things, which I will do tonight.  I have tomorrow off as well, so I really hope to get some of these things wrapped up.  With the repair of the underbelly started, yet another thing is in progress.  I had a problem last year with driving tasks to completion, it looks like that hasn't changed. 

  1. Fix ruts in driveway.
  2. Put lights on the plow.
  3. Get the oil changed in the tractor.
  4. Get the tire chains installed and a weight installed on the back.
  5. Get the plastic installed
  6. Get the truck oil undercoated.
  7. Fix leaky underbelly.
  8. Get skirting installed.
  9. Find a way to run power that won't be damaged by snow/plow/snowblower.
  10. Find a way to prevent the snow pushing on the shed.
  11. Finish clearing off the slab.
  12. Run the rough plumbing. (includes gas line for stove)
    1. Venting and Drainage
    2. Water supply
    3. Gas lines
  13. Install insulation.
    1. Install wall insulation
  14. *Install flooring.  *12
    1. Install foam board 
    2. Install blanket.
    3. Install floor insulation.
    4. install plywood.
  15. Install light fixtures.
  16. Install ceiling and attic insulation. *19
  17. *Install paneling  *13, 14
  18. *Install interior wall *14
  19. *Complete electrical and plumbing.  *17, 18
  20. *Install final flooring (carpet/linoleum).  *18, 19
  21. Install interior fixtures.  When I get here, I will likely create a new list for the interior work.

No comments:

Post a Comment