Saturday, April 21, 2018

Thanks Matt, very productive.

First to start off with yesterday's update.  I actually got out of work on time and got some stuff prepped.  For starters, I got my table set up.  It is a little wobbly, but should be good until I can build a nice picnic table and chairs for the slab. 


I wanted to set up the carport, and apparently I left the ignition on in the tractor.  Oops.  I put the charger on it. 


I also got the truck cleaned out.


And filled back up.


Most of the snow is gone at this point.  This is all that is left.


Matt was here today, and we got a lot done.  Thanks for the help.  It was a bit chilly this morning, so I cranked up a little space heater.  I was surprised but the little 1500W heater heated the whole place, even without the insulation installed.  It also softened the PEX which was nice.


The insulation is mostly done at this point.  Matt was rather busy.  The harder ones are the only ones left. 






This round of insulation was a lot more poofy than the first bag I got.  It sticks out a bit more, and didn't really need to be fluffed at all.


I spent a good chunk of the morning working on plumbing.  The PEX is now mostly complete.  Some of the mains aren't done, but all the individual runs are in place.  I will probably finish them in totality including the hanging and pipe insulation tomorrow. 

The hot water manifold I did in a weird way, so I decided to undo it and do it the normal way.  Taking the PEX off  is a real pain. 


The laundry setup is just awaiting the wall mounted unit.


I finished up the cold lines too


The other main thing we did was set up the car port.  It is much much easier with two people.  The first step was to put the grill where it belongs.


It didn't go together all that well, it didn't take sitting outside all winter very well, and was more rickety than I remembered.  So we anchored three of the four corners to the slab.


The other back I double anchored; one to the slab and one using the anchors, which will hopefully be enough to keep it from moving. 


It lives...  kinda


It is a disaster though.  There is mud and leaves and crap everywhere.  On both sides of the canopy.


Apparently the mice decided that they wanted to taste it too.  I will have to go up with a roll of duck tape and patch it.


I also apparently forgot the bungee cords, so it is tied with nylon cord instead.  It should be stronger this way, so I am not too worried.


I also moved my patio furniture under it. 


Technically the insulation and the plumbing aren't 100% complete, but both are very close.  I expect that I will be able to finish them hopefully tomorrow.  It will also be warm enough to do the PVC work if I have free time, though I don't expect to get to that until Monday.

  1. Fix ruts in driveway.
  2. Put lights on the plow.
  3. Get the oil changed in the tractor.
  4. Get the tire chains installed and a weight installed on the back.
  5. Get the plastic installed
  6. Get the truck oil undercoated.
  7. Fix leaky underbelly.
  8. Get skirting installed.
  9. Find a way to run power that won't be damaged by snow/plow/snowblower.
  10. Find a way to prevent the snow pushing on the shed.
  11. Finish clearing off the slab.
  12. Run the rough plumbing. (includes gas line for stove)
    1. Venting and Drainage
    2. Water supply
    3. Gas lines
  13. Install insulation.
    1. Install wall insulation
  14. *Install flooring.  *12
    1. Install foam board 
    2. Install blanket.
    3. Install floor insulation.
    4. install plywood.
  15. Install light fixtures.
  16. Install ceiling and attic insulation. *19
  17. *Install paneling  *13, 14
  18. *Install interior wall *14
  19. *Complete electrical and plumbing.  *17, 18
  20. *Install final flooring (carpet/linoleum).  *18, 19
  21. Install interior fixtures.  When I get here, I will likely create a new list for the interior work.

No comments:

Post a Comment