Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Finally got something completed.

I didn't make it to Home Depot last night, since I didn't finish the blog post until it was too late.  I stopped this morning, and it was a long trip, they moved a bunch of stuff around since last fall.  One thing I am glad I checked before going to Home Depot was the PVC cement.  I noticed it didn't make any sound when I moved the can.  It was solid. 


I remembered the grinder to cut off the doohickey on the frame.  Unfortunately, it was a colossal failure.  Those specks aren't metal shavings, they are holes melted in the underbelly from the sparks.  Really annoying, but the underbelly wasn't watertight anyways. If I get ambitious I might take some patch and put it over this area, but it is lower on the priority list.


Another view that might be easier to see.


I ended up using the reciprocating saw, but it is off now.


I finally completed the underbelly.  The jack was in the truck, but apparently the handle for it isn't, so I had to improvise.


The patch is on though.  I retaped the edges and a couple of the seams too.


It is now opaque on the inside.


I have plenty left over too just in case anyone needs some.  I have most of a roll of tape, and better than half the large pad.  It is self-adhering, but the paper doesn't peel off worth a damn.


The other big thing is that the drain lines are one step closer to completion.  The next segment of the 3" line is installed.  The only segment remaining for the rough in is to take it outside the underbelly.


And you may have seen on the previous picture that the kitchen stack is now installed.


One thing that was simply poor planning is that the source lines are hidden behind the drain line.  At this point though, I have no intention of fixing it. 


I also got a couple of odds and ends completed.  I got the bug zapper out. 


I also got the nail plate installed for the wire.


I brought home some homework, making the upright pieces for the shower shut off valves.  Unfortunately, it looks like I am out of elbows (I swear I counted them and had enough...) so another trip to Home Depot will likely come tomorrow during lunch. 


I also brought home the laundry box, but I think I am going to swap it out for one with the hammer arrestors built in.  I was originally planning to play the hammer arrestors by ear, see where they are needed once the system is live, but I am confident that the washing machine will require them, so I might as well do it now and get it over with. 


I did look at the exterior boxes they had at Home Depot, and they are all exterior mounted, meaning the only hole in the siding is one for the wire.  I thought about getting those done today, but decided to wait for the next patch of dry weather since the clouds were rolling in this afternoon and I need the silicone to cure. 

This marks the end of the two days off, I am headed back to work tomorrow.  I did at least get an item crossed off the todo list though.

  1. Fix ruts in driveway.
  2. Put lights on the plow.
  3. Get the oil changed in the tractor.
  4. Get the tire chains installed and a weight installed on the back.
  5. Get the plastic installed
  6. Get the truck oil undercoated.
  7. Fix leaky underbelly.
  8. Get skirting installed.
  9. Find a way to run power that won't be damaged by snow/plow/snowblower.
  10. Find a way to prevent the snow pushing on the shed.
  11. Finish clearing off the slab.
  12. Run the rough plumbing. (includes gas line for stove)
    1. Venting and Drainage
    2. Water supply
    3. Gas lines
  13. Install wall insulation.
  14. *Install flooring.  *12
    1. Install foam board 
    2. Install blanket.
    3. Install floor insulation.
    4. install plywood.
  15. Install light fixtures.
  16. Install ceiling and attic insulation. *19
  17. *Install paneling  *13, 14
  18. *Install interior wall *14
  19. *Complete electrical and plumbing.  *17, 18
  20. *Install final flooring (carpet/linoleum).  *18, 19
  21. Install interior fixtures.  When I get here, I will likely create a new list for the interior work.

No comments:

Post a Comment