Monday, April 9, 2018

Short peaceful day

I almost got out of work on time for a change, so I managed to get up to the property, if only for an hour or so.  Looking at the forecast, it is supposed to be almost 70 this weekend, so I decided to take a different tact.  I went up and put out a bunch of mosquito dunks.  They didn't work so hot last year, but I also put them out after black fly season started, which is a little on the late side.  This year I have them out before everything even melts off.  It is a larvacide, so it works best right as the season begins. 




The package is mostly gone, but if it works it was worth it. 


It is the first time I have walked my property in a while too.  It is good to see there are still deer kicking around in the back.


I didn't get much else done.  They scheduled a 1PM meeting today, so I couldn't go up during lunch to get gravel, and tomorrow I have meetings through lunch, so it won't likely happen tomorrow either.  Wednesday I have a dinner out with the guests from the France office who are here this week, but I might be able to get it on Wednesday and shovel it out before the dinner (and smell nice at the dinner too...) and then smooth it out on Thursday.  Or just wait for Thursday and block out my calendar so people don't schedule meetings all damn day.

No comments:

Post a Comment