Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Text update. Truck not as bad as expected.

I didn't do much yesterday, I mostly made a run up to tractor supply and Home Depot to get supplies. 

Today at lunch I went up to see a mechanic.  He said the code for the truck in combination with the symptoms and situation that I shouldn't be too worried.  It needs to be fixed, but it isn't fatal.  He thought there was a >90% chance it was just that the tranny service dislodged something and it got caught in the solenoid.  When it settles in the fluid, it goes off, when it warms up and it gets back into the torque converter, it comes back on.  While it makes me question the value of the filter (it sounds like it isn't doing its job to me) the most important part though is that driving it won't destroy the transmission.  So good news on that front.  He is booked up for a couple of weeks, I might bring it back to Bob's (he said Bob was a good guy and might just redo the servicing on it to try to fix it).  So that is good news. 

So I have done a little bit of research of late on power centers (how a traditional camper bridges the 12V and 110V circuits, things like this: https://www.amazon.com/WFCO-WF8955PECB-Center-Converter-Charger/dp/B004BC6WQO ).  It looks like I might need to complete some more of the electrical design first.  You have to get very large and expensive ones if you want more than a couple of breakers in them, but I don't know yet how many circuits I will need (some only have 3 breaker slots, and one is needed for an inlet...).  Perhaps that is something I can think on tonight or tomorrow.  I also need to decide on the microwave as well.  Traditionally a camper doesn't have microwave access when only on 12V, but I will need a ready and quick way to reheat food if I take that approach.

Now that I have parts, I will hopefully get some more stuff done tonight, as long as I can dodge the rain.

1 comment: