Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Didn't dodge the rain.

I didn't make it home early enough yesterday to dodge the rain.  It started off pretty light though, so I decided I could at least put down some cheapo grass seed I picked up at Tractor Supply and let it get rained on.  What sold me on it was the tolerates poor soil conditions.  The places where I had used the fill last year still haven't grown back in well so hopefully this works better.  The problem is that the fill wasn't really dirt, it was a mix of silt, sand, and clay


You can't tell from the picture, but the whole area is seeded now.


After that, I did a little more work on the camper electrical as I alluded to in the last post.  As near as I can tell, I need 3 110V breakers (4 if it requires a source breaker) and 8 12V circuits.  I also came up with a WAG of needing a 50A minimum charger/converter (so that it charges the battery even when most of the 12V stuff is running).  I will probably get a 55A or 65A unit, which is a common size.  I don't want to go much larger than that since it starts eating into the available 110V power (most campers and generators only have a 30A plug).  I think the limitation will be more on the number of breakers/circuits. 

4 comments:

  1. I forgot one: I wanted to put a winch in for the murphy bed. It will have a 30-40A breaker on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I might just do that, easier to disable when I burn food. And after looking at winches I think I might just put hydraulic or spring assistance on the bed. I didn't see a winch that I liked

      Delete