Wednesday, June 10, 2020

And another spindle too for good measure

I decided to finish the mowing last night.  I got most of one side done in the front.


I was apparently feeling too bold so I decided to mow the rest of the slope to the right.  I have been steadily doing more with the rider every mowing, so I decided to go for it.  I got most of it knocked down.  There are still some tall stalks, but they will be gone next time.


Apparently it was a mistake though.  I found a rock.


And it caused this.  My first spindle of the year is now toast.  2 mowings in.  I haven't dropped the deck yet to see if the blades are busted too.


At that point this was all that was left.  I got the scary part of the hill.


So I went and worked on some other things.  On the way back up the hill, I checked on my grass seed.  It is hard to tell from the picture, but it is starting to sprout. 


I completed the trunk (except for the caps, which Home Depot hasn't restocked yet)


I also put the charger on the car, since I haven't started it in far too long.  Hopefully this weekend I will take it out and run the rest of the 93 and injector cleaner through it.


I also started to prep one of the drums.  I got the first part of priming done, and should finish up the priming today if the weather holds.  I don't plan to paint the inside until after the concrete filling is done.  Normally you wouldn't do anything, just pour the concrete, which will seal and prevent further rusting, but I don't plan on completely filling them.


I also picked up a couple of free chairs from work today that were destined for the dumpster.  I need to come up with a better storage mechanism though.  This is obnoxious.


No comments:

Post a Comment