Friday, June 5, 2020

A little bit of outdoor work done.

I finally got a nice day, even if it was really hot out.  I got a bunch of the clothesline pieces pulled out and cleaned up.  I didn't quite get all of them done before I moved on to other tasks.


I started getting them assembled and relived the glory of my hatred of PVC.  To be fair though, out in the open like this it really isn't bad.  Plenty of ventilation, no weird angles and things not fitting right.


I had an unusually high number of watchers last night.  The salamanders were everywhere.


I also went and put out the salt block for the test on whether it kills Japanese knotweed.  This looked like a good spot to try it.


I tried to chop the block in half.  It didn't go well.


Not even a serrated knife would go through it.


So I put down the whole block.  It rained last night, so hopefully it will start dispersing.


I also cleaned up a few obnoxious branches that whack me while I mow.  The side is clear now.


As I was running out of daylight, I also got my hosed set up finally. 


Rachel is coming over for a few days, so I don't expect I will get much done over the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. the salt block will probably take a lot longer than a mineral block would. Or put them both out for a test of effectiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you need the red mineral block- shouldn't have been too far from the white salt block.

    ReplyDelete