Saturday, June 20, 2020

Clothesline ready to be strung.

Friday night I went and picked up some freebies.  When I came back, I happened to notice that my buddy was still kicking around.  I guess he is living in my yard somewhere, I have seen him three times now.


I got another shovel and a spreader.


Speaking of spreader, the grass is starting to fill in.  It will grow in the crap dirt I have been getting, so I will have a debate about whether to bother getting loam brought in at the end of all my site work. 


Today was hot.  Really hot.  I ran some errands in the morning after I got up.  My septic loan is now paid off. 

After coming back from that I got to work on the clothesline.  I got the base cleaned up.  The primer took it all off, but it was a bigger pain than I expected.


I also got all the branches on and the trunk put on.  The tape was so I didn't have to stand there for 10 minutes with each piece until it set and to make sure they didn't sag before the cement cured.


I also finished installing the screws for the socks/underwear branch. This will allow me to string some rope for smaller stuff. 


That branch is now installed too.  All that is left is stringing and a little painting. 


I also went out and started to do some work in the back yard with the hope of being able to mow it with the currently broken lawn tractor some day.  I smoothed out around the well. 


I also went and started to pick up rocks just chilling in my back yard.  There were a lot of big ones.


But the area is now free of rocks.  I should be able to start bringing up dirt and smoothing. 


After that I was pretty roasted.  I noticed a wasp nest on my way back in though, so it has been sprayed with wasp killer. 


The spindles did arrive today, so I have a project to work on tomorrow.  They are only almost a week late.  I don't intend to be kind to the seller on Ebay.  In addition, the guy thought it was a good idea to put two metal spindles into a single plastic priority mail bag.  And apparently USPS thought "hey, they ripped through our thick mailer, so a thinner bag should be adequate to hold it".  I hope they aren't missing pieces, I haven't looked them over yet.


After I finish this post I intend to take the Nissan out tonight, since it hasn't moved in over a month.  I just need darkness so they can't see the sticker on it.  I charged the battery last weekend though so hopefully nothing goes awry.  I really need to get it out of there so I can get another dumpster up there to start cleaning the pile in the back out.  I might also get a load of dirt dumped directly into the back since it will need at least a truck or two on its own.

1 comment: