Monday, June 1, 2020

Almost finished the drainage. Lots of wildlife.

I got a bunch of stuff worked on yesterday, but I couldn't quite finish anything.  The first thing I did was cut up the 3" PVC for the clothesline.  I noticed something odd with the PVC I brought home from KY though.  It is the one on the bottom.  You may notice that the inside of the PVC looks different and less dense.  Both are schedule 40 though so it shouldn't be a problem. 


I also sanded them and angled the edges.  I don't care about the fluid flow inside, but this will make it easier to assemble since 3" stuff can be hard to muscle together.  I am thinking something is weird with my belt sander though, it keeps falling out of alignment.  I had to adjust it twice.  Maybe it just doesn't like the belts I bought?


All the 3" pieces are ready to be cleaned and installed.  All the 1.5" branches were cut to size when I brought them home from KY.


I went to go grab my PVC cement, and found out that I don't have any.  I would have sworn that I bought a bottle when I assembled the final 3" drain, but I couldn't find it.  I apparently have two bottles of leak detect though.  Ugh.


So I decided to finish up the license plate holder for the trailer.  I got the new bracket installed (the angle is intentional).


Unfortunately the extra bolts I had lying around were too big for the license plate.  Ugh.


So I went for a quick win, and taped up the handle of my bo rake.  It is kind of sad to think that this rake is only maybe three years old, but the handle is starting to come apart.  This will at least allow me to use it without getting blisters and splinters until it finishes breaking. 


After that I decided to work on the drainage ditch.  I went through and checked level on the trench.  I ended up digging the trench a fair bit deeper, this was the closest to level spot in the trench.  I tried digging it with the tractor, but the large number of rocks I hit made the tractor less than ideal. 


The joint was a real pain, everything was caked in mud.  Cutting the net and stuff was a real pain. 


The entirety of the pipe is laid though, all that remains is filling in the ditch.  And I had to make sure the tractor got in at least one picture.


While I had the tractor out, I also filled in the pits in the driveway.  I have some leftover gravel too.


I have also seen a bunch of wildlife the last couple of days.  Yesterday there were turkeys checking out the dirt pile.




This morning I was late for work since I had my first moose sighting.  This looks like a young'en, smaller than the one whose tracks I saw (you may recall the ~8" hoof marks).  He saw me when I peered out the window with my phone and hopped away. 


I got a better picture of him walking around out front.


No comments:

Post a Comment