Thursday, June 25, 2020

Mowing.

It was finally cool enough for me to not melt outside yesterday, so I went out and convinced myself to at least do some mowing that I don't normally do with the tractor.  The push mower has apparently a new dislike for going downhill, it pretends like it is running out of gas when you angle it down a slope.  The gas however was very full, I filled it right before I started.  Ugh.  Some day I will find a mower that doesn't hate me.

All that said, I got the hill down by the septic complete.  There are still tall stalks that only got laid over and not cut, but oh well.  That is what happens when you wait until it is waist high to mow it I guess.


The really thick part at the edge of the driveway is done too.  I usually do some of this with the tractor, but not all of it (there is the beginning of a ditch in there).


I also did up to the shed.  This is usually done with the tractor too, but since I might start parking my car up there so I can get a dumpster on the slab, I mowed it.


One thing that was odd is that all the grass on the drain field is dying.  While my first thought would be that it is just burnt since we had several almost 90 days and are very very dry (my creek is already dry which doesn't always happen and this is the first time before August) it is literally the only spot in my yard that is even showing discoloration.  I guess my leech field emitted something that the grass didn't like or something.  Curious.


I am headed out tonight to Stefan's to get the code cleared in my car and I am going to borrow his sand blaster.  The new pulleys for the mower are supposed to come in today or tomorrow, so I will get another crack at the lawn tractor this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment