Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Mower steering.

I decided to do some long overdue mowing yesterday, the back was really bad.  I thought it was about shin deep, but when I started mowing it, some of it was over the hood of the mower. 




I got the far back done without issue.


I only got part of the back yard done though.  This is the first time trying to mow it with the lawn tractor since I dug the drainage ditch (I used the push mower last year because of deck issues with the lawn tractor) and it appears that I will have to continue to use the push mower. 


One of the disadvantages of a floating deck.  It floated into the body of the tractor (yes, the area is that rough).  It doesn't help either that the plastic shielding for that area has been "forcibly removed" with a reciprocating saw.


Given it was that rough, the tractor had another issue.


I was able to get it out, the lawn tractor is light enough that I could lift it and forcibly turn the front end, and once I got it out of there, there was enough teeth left that I could still steer it, so I will just avoid the back with the tractor for now.

1 comment: